11 June 2010

Wanderlust

It's in my blood. My family is scattered across several regions of the world and I have logged many airplane journeys. My first plane ride alone was when I was five, to visit a grandmother 3,000 miles away. I remember being seated near the rear of the plane, several of us non-chaperoned fliers corraled for the flight attendants. I also remember being armed with strawberry Poptarts and sour cream Pringles. (Thanks Madre!)

On my own finances, I have visited the following countries:

Antigua
Austria
Belize
British Virgin Islands
Canada
France
Gibraltar
Grenada
Guatemala
Ireland
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Monaco
Morocco
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Saint Lucia
Saint-Martin
San Marino
Spain
Switzerland
The Netherlands
United Kingdom
Vatican City

Also I have the pleasure of traveling around my own country once in a while. A few of my favorite cities are Chicago, Lahaina, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, Sacramento, and Seattle. I wrote this down because I had a friend ask me exactly how many countries I've been to, and I did not have a number readily available.

I know that I am very blessed and privileged to have experiences like this. Whenever I am feeling a bit sad or depressed about life, I just have to pull up some photos or Facebook a new friend. Remembering all the art and architecture and history and vistas, it's hard to feel bad about life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment